Would you like no other caravans, and no houses which overlook you? …and would you like to be right next to 2 pools with waterfalls and a natural fountain? Then our caravan is for you!
See the average review (from 18) of 4.8 on the listing on Vrbo
Copy and paste into your browser the link below and then click on the “Reviews” tab:
https://www.vrbo.com/en-gb/p10366055?uni uni id=5391532
But don’t book via Vrbo which will be a higher price.
From £38 per night in Winter and £56/night in July/August (Based on booking 7 days)
We offer short stays of 2 days, and arrivals any day of the week. Open all year.
Set in a large, 2 acre, sheltered and secluded garden and natural woodland, with babbling streams feeding 5 delightful pools, and a 6 metre waterfall, floodlit after dark. The garden has many paths, 8 benches, 4 swinging benches, huge hammock designed for 2 people and hanging chairs positioned for inspiring views of the trees, pools and utterly serene views over thickly wooded valleys and rolling green hills. For evening stargazing, there is a wood burning stove next to the double hammock by the waterfalls.
You can walk directly onto the hills from the top of the garden and enjoy wonderful panoramic views.
Otherwise, you can choose more level walks from the lane, passing rare breed sheep and angora goats.
The sky is regularly decorated with the aerial acrobatics of buzzards, and sometimes red kites or swallows. In fact, you can hear, and see many bird species from only 2.5 metres away as they visit bird feeders which hang near the decking area.
There is a decking area with table & chairs which captures the early and mid morning sun. This is only 3 metres from the lower pool with natural fountain, and a swinging bench right next to it.
From the side windows and decking area, you look out onto the lowest pool and stream only 4 metres away, with a natural fountain, which can be illuminated in white or coloured light at night.
From the 3 main windows in the lounge area, you have a view uphill, of the upper half of the 6 metre high waterfalls into the pool above (which can also be flood-lit after dark), and also into the very mature forest. The sound from the waterfalls is virtually inaudible inside the caravan with the windows closed. It is just 10 metres to walk to the bench and double hammock directly in front of the pool and waterfalls.
Accommodation is strictly for non-smokers, but can be agreed for those who "only smoke outside".
If you are over 6' 0" tall (1.83 metres), you may not be comfortable with the ceiling height of 6’ 1”.
There is parking space right next to the caravan for 2 cars.
Blown air heating with thermostat.
There is a washing machine outside and drying line next to caravan.
You’ll have superbly comfortable, premium mattresses/seats, just replaced, and there is also an optional 2 inch memory foam topper for either the double or 2 single beds.
The double bed size is 2.0 x 1.43 metres (6' 7" x 4' 10")
OR, 2 single beds 1.83 x 0.7 metres (6' 0" x 2' 3")
2 bunk beds are narrowish, measuring 1.78 x 0.56 metres (5' 10" x 1' 10")
Separate compartments for the shower, heated with blown warm air, and the toilet and washroom, which has a drying rack for wet clothes
Don't like "caravan-type" toilets with minimal flushing and waste tank below? You can reserve the large "luxury toilet tent" nearby, with normal, flushing toilet, as well as washbasin and hand-held bidet system. This is 100 metres from the caravan across slightly sloping and uneven paths, so may not suit those with mobility problems.
You can use this toilet exclusively or whenever it suits you. (as it's not ideal if dark or pouring with rain).
• Choice of Wi Fi or wired internet connection
• TV + DVD player with 145 stations
• Electric shaving point plus mains sockets
• Radio plus CD & cassette player.
• Microwave oven as well as gas oven
• Flyscreens on all windows and skylight
• Close-fitting roller blinds on all windows, as well as curtains
• Bright reading lights
• Smoke alarm + Gas & carbon monoxide alarm
• Electricity usage, bottled gas for the cooker, toilet paper and washing up liquid provided free
• Outside washing line for hanging wet clothes
• Strong interior bolt on door
• As well as small interior fridge, there is a large outside fridge/freezer
LIKE THE IDEA OF AN EXTRA SPACE AS WELL AS THE CARAVAN?
OR, 3 OR MORE COMING & WANT A SEPARATE SLEEPING SPACE?
Many visitors now rent the low-cost and heated, luxury wood-floored tent as an optional extra. It’s a cross between a caravan and a tent with a wooden floor.
- Captures rising and morning sun and rising full moon
- Kitchen includes hot & cold running water, electric kettle, microwave oven, 2 gas hobs & grill, small fridge with tiny freezer, 5 good quality non-stick pans plus crockery & cutlery
- Full size fridge-freezer in the large toile/shower tent
- Bird table right next to door
- VERY sheltered from any wind
- Complete privacy
- 2 very comfortable bench seats with large removable table between
- 2 Double beds permanently made up (on each side behind the bench seats) and with internal privacy tents for each bed
- No TV!
- Shaded by trees so stays cool in Summer
- Thermostatic silent convector heater
- Large Toilet & hot shower tent only 3 metres away with 2 toilets (or you can bring the smaller one inside the main tent if sleeping in it)
- Reservable "luxury toilet tent" 40 metres away with conventional, flushing toilet, handbasin and bidet
- Mains sockets and 12 volt sockets
- Attractive lighting including uplighter floor lamp
- Wi Fi internet access
- Mobile signal very likely with EE and 3
We are situated in one of the most beautiful areas of Mid Wales, 2 miles from the small, attractive town of Llanidloes which even offers an organic fruit and vegetable shop, a vegetarian restaurant, as well as a health food shop! There is a thriving arts and crafts community, and it is only 25 minutes drive from the Centre for Alternative Technology on the coast.
The surrounding area is a special attraction for walkers because of the sheer variety of scenery, and includes the most spectacular section of Offa's Dyke as well as Glyndwr's Way and Hafren Forest, with the walk to the source of the River Severn.
Nearby is the spectacular Elan Valley with its 4 reservoirs and river walks.
Also nearby are places for golfing, swimming, bowling, tennis, squash, and also sailing and angling in the idyllic setting of Lake Clywedog, a haven for rare and migratory birds.
Guided walks, and also a low cost "chauffeur" drop-off and collect service are available.
Nearest stations are Newtown or Caersws in Powys. “Ferry service” available to station.