**** OVER THE WINTER PERIOD, HUTLEYS BEACH HAS UNDERGONE IMPROVEMENTS ****
* Fully Recommended large, clean holiday caravan for hire at Hutleys Caravan Site in St Osyth - right next to the beach
* £100 deposit secures your holiday home
* Please phone or text for further details and videos
Lovely well kept, clean family caravan for family or couples holidays at St Osyth, near Clacton on Sea, Essex.
The spacious six berth family holiday home is on the popular privately-owned Hutleys caravan site, situated in a prime position behind the sea wall. It is literally a hop, skip and a jump to the beach, complete with donut and ice-cream shops!
If you are looking for a comfortable, relaxing seaside holiday in a peaceful location, then you have found the right place.
The front window of the caravan faces unspoilt clear views of the promenade and endless sky, with large grassy area to the front.
CARAVAN FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Large width decking along full length and front with comfortable adult table, chairs and parasol (and kiddies chairs too) which face unspoilt clear views of the promenade, grassy area and endless sky.
• Good sized welcome entrance/hallway. Carpeted.
• Large airy kitchen / Dining / Lounge area facing unspoilt clear views of the promenade with large grassy area in front.
• Kitchen is fully equipped with all you need: including gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans and all things required for happy cooking.
• Lounge has TV with DVD player, large comfy sofas and loads of storage space. Carpeted.
• Dining area also has large comfy sofa seating with roomy moveable table and stalls. Carpeted. (Dining area is part of lounge area)
• Bathroom has sink and under storage, glass shower, shelving and loo. Wooden flooring.
• Large spacious Master bedroom has double bed with over-head and sides shelving, triple wardrobes with six large drawers under, mirror and stall. Carpeted bedroom. The en-suite has wooden flooring.
• Second bedroom has two single beds, double wardrobe with drawers under. Carpeted.
• Additional bed is found in lounge – pull-out bed inside sofa which sleeps two (adult and child comfortable, two adults more snuggley).
• Fresh bedding, hand and bath towels, flannels and tea towels included
• Wi-fi connections are free of charge
• All amenities included (gas, electricity, water)
• Ample free parking by caravan
• Owner assistance nearby to swiftly rectify any problems, for peace of mind
SITE FACILITIES INCLUDES:
• Shopping Parade with well stocked General Store, Launderette, Cafes, Pubs, Fish and Chips shop
• Crazy golf, Amusements and rides for kiddies
• Childrens Adventure Playground
• Indoor Swimming Pool (ID vouchers can be purchased at reduced rate for park guests, at the General Office) - Booking system in place due to Covid restrictions. Please book in advance of your holiday dates to ensure you secure swimming sessions.
• Beach shops – Doughnut stall and Beach Shop (ie kites, Ice-creams etc)
• Sunday and Wednesday markets on site
• Boot sale on Wednesday mornings during School Summer holidays
• Outdoor Karaoke on Saturday and Sundays – all welcome to have a go (Covid restrictions may apply as and when appropriate)
• Buses run regularly on the site
• Please note: NO Club House on site
PLEASE NOTE: The anual Site Closure runs from October 31st, re-opening March 1st.
LOADS TO DO LOCALLY – if you fancy spreading your wings:
St Osyth is renowned as being one of the driest villages in England, and also has one of the most haunted properties too.............‘The Cage’.
There are still gallows in the village! (opposite the butchers, tucked onto the side of building on the corner of the cross roads)
Being very near to Clacton on Sea, Frinton on Sea, Walton on the Naze and in the other direction is Brightlingsea beach with Colchester and the ‘Constable Country’ of Dedham Vale not too much farther – there is loads to do to suit everyone.
E & H Hutley purchased about one mile of Beach in 1920 when farming in St Osyth.
It was served by a rough track across the Marshes.
Eventually trippers discovered it and tea was sold for ½ per cup from a converted chicken house.
Planning permission for timber beach bungalows was obtained and some 350 were built from 1926 to 1939.
These were dismantled in 1940 and erected at Gun Sites throughout Essex.
The area is now seashore Car Park and Picnic area.
Part is reserved for a Naturist Beach (which is private and not near to the Caravan Park.
It is clearly signposted as you are nearing that area of beach).
The Saltings have been designated ‘a Site of Special Scientific Interest.’
After the war the County Council refused permission for chalets and so sites were let to caravans, however as a result of the Caravan Act 1961 and the sea erosion it was decided to evacuate everything from in front of the Sea Wall in 1970.
Good crabbing fun and kite flying on the beach, with water sports (jet skiing) being popular here, as is beach casting - depending on the season for fish – but mainly Codling and Whiting.
* Lovely family site or for romantic get-a-way
* Large 'sun trap' decking area to side and front
* Parking next to caravan
* All heating costs included
* Main guest to be 21 or over (Hutley rule)
* Sorry - no pets