***** 2022 Bookings are now open *****
Early booking during school holidays advised, to avoid disappointment
* Fully recommended large, clean holiday caravan at Hutleys Caravan Park in St Osyth - right next to the beach
* £100 deposit secures your holiday home
* Happy to arrange monthly payment plan for your 2022 holiday, with zero interest added on to you holiday price :)
* Email for further details or any queries
Lovely well kept, clean family caravan for family or couples holidays at St Osyth, near Clacton on Sea, Essex.
The spacious six berth family holiday home is on the popular privately-owned Hutleys Caravan Park, situated in a prime position behind the sea wall. It is literally a hop, skip and a jump to the beach, complete with donut and ice-cream shops!
If you are looking for a comfortable, relaxing seaside holiday in a peaceful location, then you have found the right place.
The front window of the caravan faces unspoilt clear views towards the sea and endless sky, with large grassy area to the front.
CARAVAN FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Large width decking along full length and front with comfortable adult table, chairs and parasol, which faces unspoilt clear views, grassy area and endless sky.
• Good sized welcome entrance/hallway. Carpeted.
• Large airy kitchen / Dining / Lounge area facing unspoilt clear views with large grassy area in front.
• Kitchen is fully equipped with all you need: including gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans and everything required for happy cooking.
• Lounge has TV with DVD player, large comfy sofas and loads of storage space. Carpeted.
• Dining area also has large comfy sofa seating with roomy moveable table and stalls. Carpeted. (Dining area is part of lounge area)
• Bathroom has sink and under storage, glass shower, shelving and loo. Wooden flooring.
• Large spacious Master bedroom has double bed with over-head and sides shelving, triple wardrobes with six large drawers under, mirror and stall. Carpeted bedroom. The en-suite has wooden flooring.
• Second bedroom has two single beds, double wardrobe with drawers under. Carpeted.
• Additional bed is found in lounge – pull-out bed inside sofa which sleeps two (adult and child comfortable, two adults more snuggley).
• Freshly made-up bedding, hand and bath towels and tea towels included
• Wi-fi connections are complimentary via Hutleys, personal code provided
• All amenities included (gas, electricity, water)
• Ample free parking right next to the caravan
• Owner assistance nearby to swiftly rectify any problems, for peace of mind
SITE FACILITIES INCLUDES:
• Shopping Parade with well stocked General Store, Launderette, Cafes, Pubs, Fish and Chips shop etc
• Crazy golf, Amusements and rides for kiddies
• Childrens Adventure Playground
• Indoor Swimming Pool (ID vouchers can be purchased at reduced rate for park guests, at the General Office)
• Beach shops – Doughnut stall and Beach Shop (ie kites, Ice-creams etc)
• Sunday and Wednesday markets on site
• Boot sale on Wednesday mornings during School Summer holidays
• Outdoor Karaoke on Saturday and Sundays – all welcome to have a go (Covid restrictions may be in place)
• Buses run regularly on the site
• NO Club House on site
PLEASE NOTE: The Park Closure runs from October 31st, re-opening March 1st (These dates are flexible at Hutleys discretion)
LOADS TO DO LOCALLY – if you fancy spreading your wings:
St Osyth is renowned as being one of the driest villages in England, and also has one of the most haunted properties too.............‘The Cage’. You will find this house in St Osyth village near the shops.
There are still gallows in the village! (opposite the butchers, tucked onto the side of building on the corner of the cross roads)
Being very near to Clacton on Sea, Frinton on Sea, Walton on the Naze and in the other direction is Brightlingsea beach with Colchester, with its Roman castle and also a fabulous Zoo not far. Then there's ‘Constable Country’ - where the artist John Constable famously painted many beautiful scenes including 'The Haywain' at Dedham
There is loads to do to suit all Tastes and pockets.
E & H Hutley purchased about one mile of Beach in 1920 when farming in St Osyth.
It was served by a rough track across the Marshes.
Eventually trippers discovered it and tea was sold for ½ per cup from a converted chicken house.
Planning permission for timber beach bungalows was obtained and some 350 were built from 1926 to 1939.
These were dismantled in 1940 and erected at Gun Sites throughout Essex.
Part of the beach is reserved for a Naturist Beach (which is private and not near to the Caravan Park. It is clearly signposted as you are nearing that area.)
The Saltings have been designated ‘a Site of Special Scientific Interest.’
After the war the County Council refused permission for chalets and so sites were let to caravans, however as a result of the Caravan Act 1961 and the sea erosion it was decided to evacuate everything from in front of the Sea Wall in 1970.
Good crabbing fun and kite flying on the beach, with beach casting popular too - depending on the season for fish – but mainly Codling and Whiting.
* Lovely family site or for romantic get-a-way
* Large 'sun trap' decking area to side and front
* Parking next to caravan
* Freshly made-up beds, towels and tea-towels
* Gas, electricity, water and WiFi included
* Main guest to be 21 or over (Hutley rule)
* Sorry - no pets